Apply for the Super Patron creator arts grant
Are you a serious creator who is ready to focus solely on making art? Check out the instructions below and then submit your application.
- There are no instructions.
- This is not a traditional application.
- There are no multiple choice questions, no downloadable PDFs, no boxes to check, no processes, or any other bureaucratic crap.
- There’s only one rule: it must take us no longer than three minutes to review your application. Whether it’s a video, a song, a podcast, a piece of writing, or something else, it's gotta be consumable in three minutes or less. Not a second longer... not a second.
- Submissions are due by 11:59pm PST on Nov 22nd.
- The selected creator of the grant will be announced on December 19, 7:00am PST / 10:00am EST.
- Demonstrate consistent, strong creativity.
- Have a unique and clear artistic voice.
- Are getting low to medium traction, but have high potential.
2019 Super Patron Selection Team
- Your work is publicly available (Soundcloud, YouTube, DeviantArt, your own website, wherever).
- You have published work regularly or semi-regularly for at least the last 12 months.
- No age restrictions. No location restrictions.
- You are a serious creator, and you are ready to quit your job and focus solely on making art, if you only had the funding.
- You plan to continue publishing your work frequently (like weekly or monthly), for at least the next year. Your schedule doesn’t have to be mechanical, but the Super Patron grant is for creators who love the daily grind! It’s not for folks who have one big project that they’re going to release at the end of a year. It’s for folks who are moving inch by inch, row by row. Gonna make this garden grow. All it takes is a rake and a hoe and a shitload of grit and guts and relentless perseverance.
- For press inquiries please reach out to email@example.com
- For all other Qs, here’s the deal: we want the most amount of money possible to go to the selected creator of this endowment, so we have a very lean team and not much bandwidth to respond to every email. That said! We’ll try—feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to answer.
- What happens to my name, email, and other data?
Absolutely nothing. We don’t share anything you submit with anyone (other than the team reviewing applications). It won’t be sold or shared or… whatever else you can do with data. And for the purpose of clarity, your data will not be shared with Patreon.
- Where can I check the status of my application?
Right here! It’s pretty simple—if you submitted it through this site and saw a confirmation, your application is safely in our hands and being reviewed by our team. If you’re the selected creator, we’ll let you know!
- When will the selected creator be announced?
The recipient of the grant will be announced on Thursday, December 19, right here at superpatron.org.
- Does Super Patron have any tie to Patreon?
Outside of Jack also being the CEO of Patreon, no, it doesn’t. This grant is fully separate and is a non-profit 501c3.
- How will the grant be paid out?
The grant will be issued in the form a monthly stipend.
For Potential Donors
Give to Super Patron
Super Patron is a private, non-profit 501c3 foundation, founded and run by Jack Conte. Don Garman, CIO at Mirador Capital, manages the endowment, and Foundation Source, a foundation management firm, manages operations and legal.
Currently, the only program that Super Patron runs is the annual arts grant. I have more initiatives that I want to spin up, including category specific creator grants, FP&A services for creators, and educational programs revolving around team building and management. I would also go wild to have a second or third arts grant available so we could fund more creators annually!
We are currently not setup to accept gifts, but if there’s enough interest from the community, I can change that…
Please contact me if you're interested in giving!